Helping Patients Regain Their Independence
TruCare Pharmacy provides long-term care pharmacy solutions that meet specific client needs and customer service goals.
Services TruCare Provides:
- eMAR Integration Support
- Infusion Therapy
- Services Available 24/7/365
- Focus on Customer Service Excellence
- Multiple Daily Deliveries
- Compounding Pharmacy
- Numerous Packaging Options
Pharmacists You Can Trust:
Our pharmacists are highly valued for their specialized knowledge of pharmaceutical care for seniors and those with chronic illness. Our pharmacists:
- Take responsibility for their patients’ medication-related needs
- Ensure that medications are the most appropriate, effective and safe
- Ensure that medications are used correctly
- Identify, resolve and prevent medication-related problems that may interfere with goals of therapy asses the appropriateness and efficacy of drug therapies. Based on their findings, they may recommend alternate therapies or the discontinuation of unnecessary drugs by communicating with physicians and perscribers for optimizing the quality of care. Checks and safeguards are built into our system to ensure that each day’s medications are packaged appropriately for accuracy.
We Offer Educational Programs for Nurses and Assistants, These Include:
- Formulary Management Programs
- Depression Programs
- Diabetes Programs
- Osteoporosis / Fracture Prevention / Fall Risk Management Programs
- Heart Failure and Stroke Programs
- Hypertension Programs
- Dementia Programs
Specialized Drug Packaging:
Our Pharmacy offers different types of packaging that can be customized according to the different needs of the facilities.
Our bubble packs are designed to eliminate confusion and allow facility staff to keep track of medications. The capsules and tablets for each medication are organized and placed into blisters on a card. Each card contains one medication for a specific time of the day (morning, noon, evening and bedtime). When it is time to administer medications, simply punch out the contents of the blister. They no longer have to worry about discontinued or changed medication orders, simply remove this card from the patient’s medications.
In addition, light sensitive medications are packed in amber blisters to ensure the maximum efficacy and stability of medications.